How many calories a day?
One of the most popular questions I get daily
I say every human needs to consume around 1800-2200 calories a day to live. If you are a smaller person you can eat less, if you are a bigger person eat more, if you are highly active person eat more as well.
A quick and easy way to estimate this daily caloric need is to divide your weight in kilograms (bodyweight/2.2) multiply by 35 and minus 550
I weigh about 165lbs/2.2 = 75kg *35 = 2625calories -550 = 2075 daily calories
My calorie goal is 2075
You have to move to burn calories, you have to eat well to burn body fat, then rest and repeat
bc I don’t like “diets“ -a diet is what you are, not what you do.
When people start a typical weight loss program, they “go on a diet,” most people make it a physical event where they stop eating cakes, cookies, pizza, and any other so called “bad” food for a period of time. Some people “on a diet” will turn the other cheek to certain foods they love while deep down inside they are about to die because they want a doughnut so bad!!
If you are on a diet, STOP!!
People who are in shape and have a good percentage of body fat don’t “diet”
You have to learn how to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy, you don’t know what you don’t know
Here’s a short list of healthy foods – I hope there is something you like
Packing around some extra pounds?
Here are 5 BAD habits that keep people from losing body fat:
1. Eating to feel pleasure or comfort (u feel guilty/ugly after)
2. Night snacks (average person eats 500 calories after supper)
3. Buying too much food at the grocery ( don’t buy it, don’t bring it home, don’t eat it)
4. Eat on impulse (don’t go eat just because your friend called or somebody brought cookies to the office)
5. Living to eat NOT eating to live
Some bad habits are hard to break but the first phase of any weight loss program is becoming aware of what and why you eat. Think of the big picture and making little changes along the way that will add up and lead you to a healthy fulfilling life.
These are just a few of the bad habits I encounter most
If you have others or need help/advice leave a comment
9lbs in two days (Jan 5-6)
Congrats to Laura W and Danielle W for each losing -3lbs
2002 to go
- How Anorexics Can Control their Anger (brighthub.com)
Calories Burned Per Minute for Various Activities
|Weight in pounds:
105 – 115
Weight in pounds:127 – 137
160 – 170
|Weight in pounds:
180 – 200
|Basketball full court||9.8||11.2||13.2||14.5|
|Bicycling -Stationary 10 mph||5.5||6.3||7.8||8.3|
|Bicycling -Stationary 20 mph||11.7||13.3||15.6||17.8|
|Bicycling – 10 mph||5.5||6.3||7.8||14.5|
|Dancing – Rock & Roll||3.3||3.8||4.4||4.9|
|Golf – using handcart||3.3||3.8||4.4||4.9|
|Hiking (with backpack)||5.9||6.7||7.9||8.8|
|Jogging – 5 mph||8.6||9.2||11.5||12.7|
|Lawn Mowing(power motor)||3.5||4.0||4.8||5.2|
|Running – 8 mph||10.4||11.9||14.2||17.3|
|Sex – active||3.9||4.3||5.6||5.9|
|Skating – fast||8.1||9.3||10.9||12|
|Skiing – down hill||7.8||10.4||12.3||13.3|
|Skiing – cross country||13.1||15||17.8||19.4|
|Snow shoveling – light||7.9||9.1||10.8||12.5|
|Snow shoveling – heavy||13.8||15.7||18.5||20.5|
|Stair Climbing –normal speed||5.9||6.7||7.9||8.8|
|Swimming – 20 yds. a min.||3.9||4.5||5.3||6.8|
|Swimming – 60 yds. a min.||11||12.5||14.8||17.9|
|Walking, 2 mph||2.4||2.8||3.3||3.6|
|Walking 4 mph||4.5||5.2||6.1||6.8|
|Watching TV||not avail.||
145 per hour
- Weight-Loss Calculation (everydayhealth.com)
That deficit needs to be slight reduction (250 kcals) of calorie intake and daily caloric burn. You have to “detox” your body of extra Carbs, Fats, Sugars, and Starch and start some kind of structured physical activity program.
The trick is you have to find that balance, a tasteful compliment of nutrition and exercise, one that you can maintain and stick.
Only then can one live in peace without the mental and physical anguish of Obesity.
Join with me and motivate someone to lose 10lbs – GET TONED!!!
- FDA Rejects Another Weight-Loss Drug (abcnews.go.com)
- Study finds heightened suicide risk after weight-loss surgery (mnn.com)
- out of sight out of mind – still weigh and forget about
- Affordable: $160
- GREAT for the “Public Humiliation Diet” (a weight-loss program which enlists one’s friends and sometimes the public at large in keeping a dieter on track)
- Practical – I have to justify my purchases and this makes since to me
There you go – I am seriously considering buying one for the studio.
- Why the Scale Lies (lifescript.com)
- Wi-Fi Body Scale WiThings Packs on $3.8M for Public Humiliation Diets (nytimes.com)