Completed another 10 day food challenge and it’s been the best thing for me, not because I lost weight but I have learned more about psychology and people than I ever thought I would. When I first put the challenge guidelines together I was looking primarily for a way to help people cut back on extra carbs, starches, and sugar to lose water weight and burn more body fat.
I myself appreciate a challenge every once in a while but when I propose to some people a challenge to eat more fruits & vegetables, more seeds, nuts, protein & seafood the look I get and barriers that I have to hurdle to convince them its a good thing, its a challenge within itself. One that I am welcome to and can’t wait to do again
Every end is a new beginning
If your goal is to lose weight, particularly Fat weight then remember these 3 rules
1. Body Awareness
3. Measured Results
You won’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you’ve been
1. Body awareness – being accountable for what you put in and take away from your body
2. Metabolism – your body’s ability to burn Fat, Sugars & Carbohydrates
3. Measured Results – you have to measure your body and training program every 4-6wks to track progress and make the essential changes that are needed to progress & achieve your desired goals
- GT Fit: Tools in your Tool bag to Progress Weight Loss (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
Carb balance is key when trying to drop body fat and water retention
The more carbs you eat the more sugar and water your body utilizes for digestion, protein takes longer to digest and the result is amino acids not sugar
So far on the first day of the 10-day food challenge I have had sunflower seeds and 6″ Subway ham – now my carbs are 70%
I’m going to make a correction at 1pm with my snack and try to level my fat and protein to about 30-40% respectively
The human body needs fuel to build your metabolism and make you efficient. More fruits, more vegetables, more seeds and nuts is the key
Ectomorph body’s are long boned w/ lean muscle
-being a hardgainer u need to consume 1.8-2.2g of Pro/day
– plus weight training to hold mass
Don’t forget about sleep and recovery, You can’t be up all night banging beers and expect your body to keep up
Slim, Skinny, Bean Pole, Lurch, Stick, Bird Legs, Stilts, Hightower, Two Tall Jones these are all names associated with the ectomorph body type.
Ecto’s are usually always long and skinny, they have a faster metabolism that’s built up of slow twitch muscle fibers attached to long bones with long tendons.
You can build up fat stores although it will usually be around the belly and chest area which is the worst place bc of increase heart attack and stroke risk.
You can also build muscle but sometimes are referred to as a “hardgainer” since you have to go above and beyond what other body types endure to build the same pound of muscle.
If you’re an ecto and want to get fit, you have to eat MORE and train MORE, lift MORE, run MORE and sweat MORE to make a difference.
Enjoy the workout
- GT Get Fit Tip: Beat these Bad Habits to Help You Get Toned (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: PMS – the Philosophy (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: Beat the Heat Index (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
When you eat a lot of carbohydrates (carbs) you will retain more water. Carbs are sorta like sponges and they will soak up water which will make you keep extra weight.
A gallon of water weighs about 8lbs and it’s not unusual for a person’s weight to fluctuate 2-8lbs any given day. The best time to weigh is in the morning after you use the bathroom and before you step into the shower. The worst time to weigh is at night after eating and drinking all day.
When you are trying to cut “weight” the best thing to do is to limit your carb intake and keep most carb consumption in the mornings for brain food. When you cut carbs you will begin to notice striations and more definition in your arms, legs, and abs.
Your body does not want to be bloated and look puffy, drink MORE water and eat less carbs (and sugar). Limit pastas and rice when trying to lose water weight.
Let me know if you need a trainer.
Spring Clean this week and lose more body fat by trying these 5 (body) cleaning tips
If you’re looking for another BOOST or trick to start losing fat again here’s my Hi-5 to that
- Soda – clean out all “regular” sodas and start drinking less “diets” (aspartame)
- Cut Dairy and cheese consumption – good for calcium & protein but adds extra calories
- Don’t keep extra Juices – good for vitamins but adds extra sugar calories to your diet
- Frozen Foods (tv dinners, “health choice” meals) – easy to fix but pack extra sodium and carbs
- Sauces/dressings – awesome assortment of flavors out there but most are loaded with sugar and sodium to add taste
If you spring clean your fridge I am most certain your body, your mind and overall well-being will follow. When you rid yourself of all those extra carbs, starches and sugars, your body will start to take shape by utilizing its natural fat stores from the winter for energy and you will see it all come together as the Summer months approach. You have to have a balanced approach in your nutrition and physical activity focusing on both aspects because you can’t have too much of one without the other and expect great results.
Carbs are important to the human body when it comes to energy. Carbs or carbohydrates, are the basis of vegetables, fruits, grains, and milk. The importance lies in the essential vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, fibers and water found in each gram.
When I say “cut carbs” I’m not referring to the Atkins Diet to eat just bacon and sausage. Identify the starchy, white and processed carbs that are found throughout the store in most packaged foods. Eat fewer low-quality carbs and focus on lean, high-quality protein meals so your stomach becomes full in less time and you eat fewer calories overall.
By eliminating extra carbs from your diet you then afford the body an opportunity to tap into fat stores for burning energy. If you eat processed carbs all day the body burns more sugar than if you ate just vegetables and protein.
Who eats just protein and vegetables?
People who want to burn more fat, that’s who!
- A List of Popular Low-Carb Diet Plans (brighthub.com)
I want to teach people about “body awareness” and how to lose body fat, which starts by “detoxing” the body of extra fats, carbohydrates and sugars. A person has to be mindful of what goes into the body and how much they want vs. what they need. There is no other way.
Eat to live, not live to eat. Choose between quality and quantity. Quality is more nutritious for the body. Quantity is to hard on the body because of toxic fat stores.
You have to negate the extra calories (sugar/candy)from the diet if they can not be eaten with control. You have to be a responsible cookie owner!!
You have to be in control and accountable for your self. if you think you need help, help yourself.
Self help is the best help.
- Nutrition Diet Plan: Healthy Eating Diet for Weight Management (balancing-meals.suite101.com)
- Registered Dietician Jayson Hunter on How Much Protein You Need (blog.stephenholtfitness.com)
- No Sugar, No Flour â No Problem! (lifescript.com)
- The Benefits of Going Sugar Free (momblognetwork.com)
- Which Diet Is Right for You? (lifescript.com)
- The Scoop on Sugar (lifescript.com)