How many calories a day?
One of the most popular questions I get daily
I say every human needs to consume around 1800-2200 calories a day to live. If you are a smaller person you can eat less, if you are a bigger person eat more, if you are highly active person eat more as well.
A quick and easy way to estimate this daily caloric need is to divide your weight in kilograms (bodyweight/2.2) multiply by 35 and minus 550
I weigh about 165lbs/2.2 = 75kg *35 = 2625calories -550 = 2075 daily calories
My calorie goal is 2075
You have to move to burn calories, you have to eat well to burn body fat, then rest and repeat
After 82 yrs of making Twinkies cupcakes, moon pie’s and wonder bread, Hostess is closing its doors.
The company cites changing “consumer taste” along with labor disputes and high production costs as the culprit.
I remember Dad always putting Twinkies in his lunch bucket for work and if he came home early from a rain out I would get to eat it for him.
82 yrs is a long time but I actually celebrate this small victory for mankind and more importantly the children of the future because know I feel like there is opportunity for something else to step up and takes its place. Whatever product it is will start in the schools first and if the kids like it, then it will pass on to everyday people
- End of Twinkies? Hostess Says Strike May Doom It (newser.com)
- Twinkie supply could be disrupted if Hostess liquidates (stltoday.com)
I weigh every single morning almost
Mom’s gain baby weight during pregnancy and so do Dads
I have video proof
check out today’s leg workout – we are using a 1:00/1:00 bell for our sets utilizing quads and calfs.
This workout repeated twice should burn over 500kcals in under 30mins if done at moderate pace
I wish that I could help people who struggle with Obesity more efficiently than telling them to eat more fruits and vegetables, but that’s all I did to lose -5lbs in 8days – this is not a diet, this is life
- GT Food Challenge: Day 2 Weigh-in – still Balancing my Carbs (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: Carb Balance (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- Are You Ready? GT 10-day Food Challenge (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
Summer is near and I was thinking of some things that we can eat for snacks that are easy and tasty
here’s short list, feel free to add or suggest your own
- banana popsicle (peel and freeze over night)
- ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
- Cashews (personal favorite)
- Laughing Cow cheese
- Peaches and cottage cheese
- Strawberry Salad (1 cup raw spinach, ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic)
- dehydrated apple chips
- Blackberries mixed with yogurt
- Mangos (worth the effort)
- Watermelon (mmm mm good)
Here is a workout we did last week to combat the calories found in 640 calorie Choc Chip Pumpkin Muffin
SHE ate her half – she BURNED her half
45 mins and 6400m – both records at the studio
Watch this video to see your body type – these are different names to describe the same Ectomorph, Endomorph and Mesomorph bodies
Knowing what your type is can help you make better decisions on how you eat and exercise
- GT Get Fit Tip: Be Your Best Body Type (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: Visceral Fat Picture worth 250lbs (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: Woman who take Steroids and Workout (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
Endomorph body types store fat around the hips and thighs easily
-you think about banana pudding and gain 2lbs
– eat light, eat often #GTfit