Category Archives: Your Body
When’s the last time you ate a fast food burger? Are you waiting for ground beef to go on sale at the grocery? Did your kiddos eat at the school cafeteria , have you checked the menu lately?
“Pink Slime” is whats being served in most school districts. The slime is essentially the glue holding the meat together. Its not really glue but it can’t be much worse!!
Saving THREE CENTS a pound off production costs and making $440 million/year in revenue the FDA has allowed the beef industry use fatty slaughterhouse trimmings treated with ammonia as a filler in ground beef.
Is that why some critics say that “red meat” is bad for you?
In January fast food restaurants stopped serving pink slime, I wonder what Bowling Green schools serve, does anybody know?
Here is a quick newscast from Denver I found about the pink slime zqak7r04
- Schools will get to opt out of “pink slime” beef (goerie.com)
- USDA Will Allow Other, Non-“Pink Slime” Beef Choices For Kids (blisstree.com)
I found this on Tumblr
- Apple’s Visionary Redefined Digital Age – New York Times (nytimes.com)
Back pain is caused when the lumbar push against the nerves that run through the spine.
Some of the most common causes of PAIN are
The irritation and inflammation is sometimes so brutal tha people will resort to narcotics and their side effects just to get through the day.
Think back to Dolly, the TA is what wraps around your stomach and helps you squeeze in and out when you breathe and sing. The TA supports the spine and helps keep it erect and intact while the body is torqued or put under physical stress throughout the day.
Back pain is not normal so if you break it down to the cause you help build from the source up. Try these simple exercises for starters
also watch : HARD (but correct) way to do PLANKS
- Transverse Abdominis Muscles (fitnesstipsforlife.com)
- out of sight out of mind – still weigh and forget about
- Affordable: $160
- GREAT for the “Public Humiliation Diet” (a weight-loss program which enlists one’s friends and sometimes the public at large in keeping a dieter on track)
- Practical – I have to justify my purchases and this makes since to me
There you go – I am seriously considering buying one for the studio.
- Why the Scale Lies (lifescript.com)
- Wi-Fi Body Scale WiThings Packs on $3.8M for Public Humiliation Diets (nytimes.com)
Your body internal “clock” – You natuarally want to sleep 2 times a night – between 8pm and 12am and again around 2am and Sunrise with some quiet bed meditation time. Most people’s stress and “modern ways” alter this natural phenomenon.
“chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self” O’Shea Jackson
Canadian: Jessa Gamble: Our natural sleep cycle
When you talk about body mass or total weight your actually talking about two different things = fat vs muscle. Lean body mass of the body is made up of bones, organs, muscle and water.
Fat mass is all the weight in fat that’s left over. Depending on height, age and sex yourBody Mass Index (19-24 optimal)will vary.
The answer my friend is because muscle is more dense than fat and fat takes up more room in your pants and shirts. Muscles also hold water so small increases in lean muscle tissue adds water weight in the initial stages before seeing a big weight or fat loss.
I had one client lose 14inches in her butt, abs and boobs and only 7lbs total. Muscle will add good weight that is optimal for burning fat when you’re not working out. Little bit of muscle training will help you to get toned.
Not only will you look and feel better, but live longer. Being fat will kill you slow and painfully over time, one joint, one organ at a time. If you need convincing listen to obese people talk about how their feet, knees and back hurt. Ask somebody who lived with Type II Diabetes for more than 8yrs staying overweight and have their foot amputated because of high blood sugar. Know somebody that had a heart attack but continues to be overweight and/or smoke?
Tell them you love them, its only a matter of time before they won’t be around, take it from me, sooner than you could ever imagine.
STOP obesity!! It kills
All of us can, if you will.
Fall – time is near, last week of Aug and cooler weather is around the corner. Your body will give you hunger cues to feed and make body fat for the cold winter weather. Animals graze and eat all summer long, humans do it too. You automatically want to eat and drink more because the extra fat will keep you warm.
I recommended everyone gain around 10lbs of solid weight not only for warmth but for using the extra energy to add lean muscle tissue to the body frame and increasing our ability to burn calories and fat to make weight for Spring Break. Coming into Feb I will talk more cutting weight tips.
Now its time to gain and train!!
Just a quick thought as I sit here and eat a little snack.
I say little because these things are so dang salty that you can only eat about 3-4 at a time. #gettoned
Know somebody who likes chips – pass them along
I want to teach people about “body awareness” and how to lose body fat, which starts by “detoxing” the body of extra fats, carbohydrates and sugars. A person has to be mindful of what goes into the body and how much they want vs. what they need. There is no other way.
Eat to live, not live to eat. Choose between quality and quantity. Quality is more nutritious for the body. Quantity is to hard on the body because of toxic fat stores.
You have to negate the extra calories (sugar/candy)from the diet if they can not be eaten with control. You have to be a responsible cookie owner!!
You have to be in control and accountable for your self. if you think you need help, help yourself.
Self help is the best help.
- Nutrition Diet Plan: Healthy Eating Diet for Weight Management (balancing-meals.suite101.com)
- Registered Dietician Jayson Hunter on How Much Protein You Need (blog.stephenholtfitness.com)
- No Sugar, No Flour â No Problem! (lifescript.com)
- The Benefits of Going Sugar Free (momblognetwork.com)
- Which Diet Is Right for You? (lifescript.com)
- The Scoop on Sugar (lifescript.com)
One American eats as much as 43 Africans in one lifetime.
Jason Clay is a WWF vice-president who works with big corporations to transform the global markets they operate in, so we can produce more with less land, less water and less pollution. Full bio and more links
- Carb-load, But Don’t Get Weighed Down (lifescript.com)
- Power Up After Your Workouts (lifescript.com)
- Is Your Low-Carb Diet Compromising Your Health? (lifescript.com)
- The Rat Poison Packaging Art of Jason Clay Lewis (odditycentral.com)
- Help children develop eating healthy habits (abclocal.go.com)
- ‘Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show’ Episode 365: Low-Carb Pioneer Dr. Ron Rosedale Focuses On The Role Of Leptin (livinlavidalowcarb.com)
Evidence suggests (read report here) that consumption of one egg per day is not associated with risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) or stroke in healthy adults.
If you have Type 2 Diabetes or high blood pressure, then increase in cholesterol in eggs will increase your risk of Cardiovascular Disease