The first month of workouts is behind us. We are looking at about 16 more weeks till the weather warms up enough that people will be going outside and feeling self-conscious about their well-being. By the time February rolls around and you hit the Superbowl, most people fall off the “get fit” wagon.
January 1st we measured in Body Fat % and total inches on our waist here at the studio. After 4wks I expect around 4lbs-8lbs weight loss average and 2″-4″ inches lost as well.
Today we start to measure out and after this week I will set a different measurement for next month. I have already promised a few that we would track Hips so after Feb, getting closer to the March madness we will be working out to burn some extra body fat and measure our hips to see what results we can get.
It takes effort
great effort = great results
Here are the top 5 changes people have made at the studio to help them lose more body fat
- Get more sleep
- Reduce starches and carbs
- Just show up (to the workouts)
- Spend less money and buy less food at the grocery
- Start eating breakfast
- GT Get Fit Tip: Beat these Bad Habits to Help You Get Toned (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- Alcoholism and Weight Gain (herfitnesshut.com)
- Every end is a new beginning (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
If your goal is to lose weight, particularly Fat weight then remember these 3 rules
1. Body Awareness
3. Measured Results
You won’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you’ve been
1. Body awareness – being accountable for what you put in and take away from your body
2. Metabolism – your body’s ability to burn Fat, Sugars & Carbohydrates
3. Measured Results – you have to measure your body and training program every 4-6wks to track progress and make the essential changes that are needed to progress & achieve your desired goals
- GT Fit: Tools in your Tool bag to Progress Weight Loss (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
GT Food Challenge went GREAT!! after 10-days average weight loss -3.33lbs & -2.25″ total in Abs and Hips!!
We did not recommend a “diet”, everybody ate what they wanted.
We did not give out pills or drink powders, our mission with the 10-day Food Challenge was to help teach people accountability and body awareness.
These are the results for the 28 people who participated and followed through for 10 days
- Are You Ready? GT 10-day Food Challenge (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Food Challenge: Day 2 Weigh-in – still Balancing my Carbs (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Food Challenge Weigh In (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: Carb Balance (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
Want to progress your weight loss? Try adding some tools to your tool bag
1. Looking in the mirror ( yes you can flex ladies)
2. taking pictures every week
3. measurements and re-measure
4. How your clothes fit
5. What your friends and colleagues say about you when they see you again
6. comments from strangers
7. your total weight that is body fat lbs
9. your total weight that is lean muscle tissue lbs
10. Your body fat percentage (most important for women, not total weight)
You have to have a way to measure & track progress. I personally like to see my performance go up in my workouts but some people love to look at the numbers to see change. Doesn’t matter how you look at it but when friends and strangers make comments about you getting in shape then you know you are doing something.
Best part about that is you will motivate them to be fit too!!!
- GT Fit live workout: Bicep/Tricep work (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
Journal your food
Write down what you are GOING to eat (not what you ate)
One of the easiest, cheapest, most effective weight loss tools ever recommended
Someday you will face the facts
And Knowing the truth is half the battle
Follow Robin Shea’s Southern Fried Fitness 12-wk food Journal as she takes you “Where life is 80% Healthy, 20% Indulgent and 100% DELICIOUS!”
Calories Burned Per Minute for Various Activities
|Weight in pounds:
105 – 115
Weight in pounds:127 – 137
160 – 170
|Weight in pounds:
180 – 200
|Basketball full court||9.8||11.2||13.2||14.5|
|Bicycling -Stationary 10 mph||5.5||6.3||7.8||8.3|
|Bicycling -Stationary 20 mph||11.7||13.3||15.6||17.8|
|Bicycling – 10 mph||5.5||6.3||7.8||14.5|
|Dancing – Rock & Roll||3.3||3.8||4.4||4.9|
|Golf – using handcart||3.3||3.8||4.4||4.9|
|Hiking (with backpack)||5.9||6.7||7.9||8.8|
|Jogging – 5 mph||8.6||9.2||11.5||12.7|
|Lawn Mowing(power motor)||3.5||4.0||4.8||5.2|
|Running – 8 mph||10.4||11.9||14.2||17.3|
|Sex – active||3.9||4.3||5.6||5.9|
|Skating – fast||8.1||9.3||10.9||12|
|Skiing – down hill||7.8||10.4||12.3||13.3|
|Skiing – cross country||13.1||15||17.8||19.4|
|Snow shoveling – light||7.9||9.1||10.8||12.5|
|Snow shoveling – heavy||13.8||15.7||18.5||20.5|
|Stair Climbing –normal speed||5.9||6.7||7.9||8.8|
|Swimming – 20 yds. a min.||3.9||4.5||5.3||6.8|
|Swimming – 60 yds. a min.||11||12.5||14.8||17.9|
|Walking, 2 mph||2.4||2.8||3.3||3.6|
|Walking 4 mph||4.5||5.2||6.1||6.8|
|Watching TV||not avail.||
145 per hour
- Weight-Loss Calculation (everydayhealth.com)
That deficit needs to be slight reduction (250 kcals) of calorie intake and daily caloric burn. You have to “detox” your body of extra Carbs, Fats, Sugars, and Starch and start some kind of structured physical activity program.
The trick is you have to find that balance, a tasteful compliment of nutrition and exercise, one that you can maintain and stick.
Only then can one live in peace without the mental and physical anguish of Obesity.
Join with me and motivate someone to lose 10lbs – GET TONED!!!
- FDA Rejects Another Weight-Loss Drug (abcnews.go.com)
- Study finds heightened suicide risk after weight-loss surgery (mnn.com)
People love to please themselves, and they just feel better about starting a new program. Others give it a 110% all or nothing and blow out in 3 wks, yet some feel better by telling people they found a better way.
I love to share my goals aloud also, it allows me to alter my short-term goals and stay in line with my long-term focus, although I see his point. The only thing that matters in weight loss is that you continue on a path that allows you immediate success so that you too can focus on the long-term healthy weight goal.
Any thoughts? Let me know
After hitting on a brilliant new life plan, our first instinct is to tell someone, but Derek Sivers says it’s better to keep goals secret. He presents research stretching as far back as the 1920s to show why people who talk about their ambitions may be less likely to achieve them. (http://www.ted.com)
- WATCH: Jennifer Hudson Launches New Weight Loss Campaign (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)
- Your Diet Is Driving Me Nuts! (lifescript.com)
- Staying Committed to Your Weight Loss Goal (stepbysteptips.com)
When you talk about body mass or total weight your actually talking about two different things = fat vs muscle. Lean body mass of the body is made up of bones, organs, muscle and water.
Fat mass is all the weight in fat that’s left over. Depending on height, age and sex yourBody Mass Index (19-24 optimal)will vary.
The answer my friend is because muscle is more dense than fat and fat takes up more room in your pants and shirts. Muscles also hold water so small increases in lean muscle tissue adds water weight in the initial stages before seeing a big weight or fat loss.
I had one client lose 14inches in her butt, abs and boobs and only 7lbs total. Muscle will add good weight that is optimal for burning fat when you’re not working out. Little bit of muscle training will help you to get toned.
Not only will you look and feel better, but live longer. Being fat will kill you slow and painfully over time, one joint, one organ at a time. If you need convincing listen to obese people talk about how their feet, knees and back hurt. Ask somebody who lived with Type II Diabetes for more than 8yrs staying overweight and have their foot amputated because of high blood sugar. Know somebody that had a heart attack but continues to be overweight and/or smoke?
Tell them you love them, its only a matter of time before they won’t be around, take it from me, sooner than you could ever imagine.
STOP obesity!! It kills
All of us can, if you will.