Said no one who is in the best shape they have been in a long time
People who get a bad report from the doctor think they need to start walking.
Not the worst idea especially after the doctor with a 14yr education in medicine gives you the simplest easiest, most boring prescription for exercise and weight loss.
If it’s a simple workout, easy to do and you don’t feel like you just got a workout, then it’s probably not going to yield the best results
The best workouts aren’t long and complicated but structured to take you out of your comfort zone
When we have fear of the unknown, signing up for a $10 gym membership is easy and lets our mind at ease for taking the first step
When you go to that gym it’s easy to see all the people who are on the treadmill, riding the bike, walking around not doing anything, or standing there waiting in thier own comfort zone
When you look or watch somebody in better shape than you and you say “that looks too hard” or “DAMMMM my body can’t do that” then its probably out of your comfort zone and will make you stronger, faster and leaner.
I don’t care what you weigh and I’m the personal trainer that tells you that the first day you come workout with me
There are a few different types of weight on your body
Most people going to the gym go to lose weight, but its not about what you weigh
When we workout we want to burn fat and build muscle. Muscle has weight too
Ever hear somebody say “Muscle weighs more than fat?”
They are WRONG – 5lbs of muscle weighs 5lbs, 5lbs of Fat weighs 5lbs right?
We want to increase our weight in muscle bc when we workout our muscle burns fat, the more muscle we have the more fat we burn when we workout
So why do you want to lose weight?
Personal training is too expensive!!
Since I started personal training 2001 I have heard this so many times!!
I usually don’t argue or try to sell people bc if they are shopping price then they probably aren’t just ready yet to commit to fitness.
That’s not always true with every person, for all the real salesman out there that know “Selling 101″ I am probably missing it by a long shot but I’m not a salesman, I am a trainer!!
When a perspective clients calls and wants to know price I tell them $99 consultation fee and monthly workout fees or $5 single sessions they sometimes say wow, “that’s too expensive – Why do you have a $99 fee, can you waive that?”
My reply is NO, because I have to know your health history, you goals, your measurements, strengths and weakness. I just can’t throw you to the wolves and expect you to start losing body fat day 1, there is a process I have to show you, I need to teach you about nutrition for your body and how to workout properly – other “workout places” waive fees bc they don’t care if you come or not, it’s just a numbers game to them. Heck some places don’t care if you even get hurt, they have physical therapists waiting because they know you will!!
GT is different, my well-being depends on you succeeding, if you don’t show up, I don’t feed my family
We need a car to get to work, and get around in, this is what we need
This is what we really want and try to get if we can
If you think paying personal training or GT Fitness is “too expensive” I have 4 questions to ask you
- Is there an unhealthy habit you can remove from your life to make room for your wellness goals?
- How much do you spend eating out a month? Can you go out 2x less a month, so you can afford your wellness/body fat goals?
- How much can you afford, I can make a package to suit your financial needs?
- What’s $xx off of your pay check?
Let’s face it, sometimes people just want a deal!!
I got one of those if you want
Any questions or concerns please email me email@example.com, Twitter @NuckolsD, or Facebook David Nuckols – GT Fitness
here’s a video of Obama working out like a boss – same exercises we do at the studio
Proteins is what muscle is made of, and when you break down protein you get amino acids.
What protein powder do you use?
Was it on sale or recommended by the salesperson at the store or the beefcake at the gym?
Is it from a reputable company?
Here’s 5 things you need to know or think about before buying and ingesting protein powder
1. 20g of protein per serving is enough, any more than that will be converted to triglycerides and stored as fat
2. there are only a few company’s that actually manufacture all protein powders sold in the US – they sale that powder to smaller companies like myself and we put on our label and call it whatever we want, here a few examples
3. When protein is manufactured in the USA our FDA requires it to be “pasteurized” or heated – the heating kills germs, bacteria and changes the molecular structure of the protein and it loses some of its benefit and absorption rate
4. GMO laws are less strict in the USA – most manufacturers want to make a profit so they go for the cheapest “protein source” GMO is big business and makes the most profit margins so most the proteins used are from cheap, genetically altered cows or animals
5. The only reason to even take extra protein is for the amino acids – the major source of amino acids from manufacturers is Keratin, the cheapest source they can find is from hair, nails, claws, and animal fur!!!
My point is next time you run out of protien powder and go back to the store to get more, the salesperson will probably show you something better than ever before!!
HAHA, HAHA, HAHA yeah right!!
It’s the same BS you bought last time but with a different colored label
Check yourself before you wreck yourself (your kidneys and liver will last longer)
Great move for obliques and love handles – 50 reps & squeeze your obliques as you twist
here are the “torture planks” we did today for our GT workout – try them!!
If you go to bed or wake up bloated and swollen from eating the day before DRINK more water, the best diuretic is water itself and the more you drink the more you piss. The more you go to the bathroom your body will pull all the extra water out and will relieve you of less water retention and the extra water weight. That’s a victory in many ways (better hydration, skin, hair, nails, organ function) but you have to be aware of what your eating to find out
Here’s another Get Toned tip about protein, breakfast and water