When’s the last time you ate a fast food burger? Are you waiting for ground beef to go on sale at the grocery? Did your kiddos eat at the school cafeteria , have you checked the menu lately?
“Pink Slime” is whats being served in most school districts. The slime is essentially the glue holding the meat together. Its not really glue but it can’t be much worse!!
Saving THREE CENTS a pound off production costs and making $440 million/year in revenue the FDA has allowed the beef industry use fatty slaughterhouse trimmings treated with ammonia as a filler in ground beef.
Is that why some critics say that “red meat” is bad for you?
In January fast food restaurants stopped serving pink slime, I wonder what Bowling Green schools serve, does anybody know?
Here is a quick newscast from Denver I found about the pink slime zqak7r04
- Schools will get to opt out of “pink slime” beef (goerie.com)
- USDA Will Allow Other, Non-“Pink Slime” Beef Choices For Kids (blisstree.com)
Calories Burned Per Minute for Various Activities
|Weight in pounds:
105 – 115
Weight in pounds:127 – 137
160 – 170
|Weight in pounds:
180 – 200
|Basketball full court||9.8||11.2||13.2||14.5|
|Bicycling -Stationary 10 mph||5.5||6.3||7.8||8.3|
|Bicycling -Stationary 20 mph||11.7||13.3||15.6||17.8|
|Bicycling – 10 mph||5.5||6.3||7.8||14.5|
|Dancing – Rock & Roll||3.3||3.8||4.4||4.9|
|Golf – using handcart||3.3||3.8||4.4||4.9|
|Hiking (with backpack)||5.9||6.7||7.9||8.8|
|Jogging – 5 mph||8.6||9.2||11.5||12.7|
|Lawn Mowing(power motor)||3.5||4.0||4.8||5.2|
|Running – 8 mph||10.4||11.9||14.2||17.3|
|Sex – active||3.9||4.3||5.6||5.9|
|Skating – fast||8.1||9.3||10.9||12|
|Skiing – down hill||7.8||10.4||12.3||13.3|
|Skiing – cross country||13.1||15||17.8||19.4|
|Snow shoveling – light||7.9||9.1||10.8||12.5|
|Snow shoveling – heavy||13.8||15.7||18.5||20.5|
|Stair Climbing –normal speed||5.9||6.7||7.9||8.8|
|Swimming – 20 yds. a min.||3.9||4.5||5.3||6.8|
|Swimming – 60 yds. a min.||11||12.5||14.8||17.9|
|Walking, 2 mph||2.4||2.8||3.3||3.6|
|Walking 4 mph||4.5||5.2||6.1||6.8|
|Watching TV||not avail.||
145 per hour
- Weight-Loss Calculation (everydayhealth.com)
-Being consistent over time is what matters most in fitness – not what you did 3 days ago.
-You can’t fall off the wagon if you were never moving in the first place
-Don’t put other people over yourself when you’re the one that hurts most
-You can make excuses and be miserable with what life hands you
– or Live to Give
IGOT SOME if You Need it
#11 Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with Whipped Cream (venti, 20 fl oz)
Hopefully this will dispel any lingering fragments of the“health halo” that still exists in coffee shops—that misguidedbelief that espresso-based beverages can’t do much damage. In this 20-ounce cup, Starbucks manages to pack in more calories and saturated fat than two slices of deepdish sausage and pepperoni pizza from Domino’s. That makes it the equivalent of dinner and dessert disguised as a cup of coffee. If you want a treat, look to Starbucks’ supplyof sugar-free syrups; if you want a caffeine buzz, stick to the regular joe, an Americano, or a cappuccino.
(From 20 Worst Drinks in America)
- Starbucks Raising Coffee Prices For ‘Labor-Intensive’ Drinks (nowpublic.com)
- Starbucks shortens menu by removing ‘tall’ (msnbc.msn.com)
- When Venti Stops Being Twenty (designbygravity.wordpress.com)
I want to teach people about “body awareness” and how to lose body fat, which starts by “detoxing” the body of extra fats, carbohydrates and sugars. A person has to be mindful of what goes into the body and how much they want vs. what they need. There is no other way.
Eat to live, not live to eat. Choose between quality and quantity. Quality is more nutritious for the body. Quantity is to hard on the body because of toxic fat stores.
You have to negate the extra calories (sugar/candy)from the diet if they can not be eaten with control. You have to be a responsible cookie owner!!
You have to be in control and accountable for your self. if you think you need help, help yourself.
Self help is the best help.
- Nutrition Diet Plan: Healthy Eating Diet for Weight Management (balancing-meals.suite101.com)
- Registered Dietician Jayson Hunter on How Much Protein You Need (blog.stephenholtfitness.com)
- No Sugar, No Flour â No Problem! (lifescript.com)
- The Benefits of Going Sugar Free (momblognetwork.com)
- Which Diet Is Right for You? (lifescript.com)
- The Scoop on Sugar (lifescript.com)
Thats what I work for. Its EXPECTED.
Back to school time means time to measure. I have made appointments starting Tues and Thurs this month.
Make sure you meet with me and measure to set new goals. We will train through FALL break and remeasure again.
Now is the time to get your mind right about being fit for Xmas. What better time to be in your best health then around your family?
get up, get fit, get toned
- Best Selling Author & Internationally Recognized Fitness Celebrity Releases Much Anticipated Literary Work “The Jennifer Nicole Lee Fitness Model Diet” (prweb.com)
- Video: Joey Barton celebrates goal with Hitler salute (offthepost.info)
- Cameron Diaz: The Most Dangerous Celebrity (thehollywoodgossip.com)
If you walk on a treadmill or have a “gym” membership then I wrote this number for you.
- Builds Confidence
- Burns extra carbs and fat calories when you aren’t working out
- Improves your digestion bc you will want to eat healthy to keep your tone
- Improves immune system (eat out less, less germs, less disease)
- Increases bone density (especially important for ladies over 35)
- Improves posture and strengthens core (your love-handles are smaller)
- Improves mood (bc you look so damn good)
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves muscular endurance (best shape of your peers)
- Makes you look good in your swim/birthday suit!