Proteins is what muscle is made of, and when you break down protein you get amino acids.
What protein powder do you use?
Was it on sale or recommended by the salesperson at the store or the beefcake at the gym?
Is it from a reputable company?
Here’s 5 things you need to know or think about before buying and ingesting protein powder
1. 20g of protein per serving is enough, any more than that will be converted to triglycerides and stored as fat
2. there are only a few company’s that actually manufacture all protein powders sold in the US – they sale that powder to smaller companies like myself and we put on our label and call it whatever we want, here a few examples
3. When protein is manufactured in the USA our FDA requires it to be “pasteurized” or heated – the heating kills germs, bacteria and changes the molecular structure of the protein and it loses some of its benefit and absorption rate
4. GMO laws are less strict in the USA – most manufacturers want to make a profit so they go for the cheapest “protein source” GMO is big business and makes the most profit margins so most the proteins used are from cheap, genetically altered cows or animals
5. The only reason to even take extra protein is for the amino acids – the major source of amino acids from manufacturers is Keratin, the cheapest source they can find is from hair, nails, claws, and animal fur!!!
My point is next time you run out of protien powder and go back to the store to get more, the salesperson will probably show you something better than ever before!!
HAHA, HAHA, HAHA yeah right!!
It’s the same BS you bought last time but with a different colored label
Check yourself before you wreck yourself (your kidneys and liver will last longer)
If you look at these two nutrition labels and break down what they are you may be surprised
One of these foods is considered “healthy” and good for you and the other is touted by many as a “junk food”
Break down the labels they are comparable in total calories but one has more fiber, less sugar, less cholesterol, less saturated fat
If you were to think that it’s a better choice because of those qualifications alone you may be missing the big picture – you don’t know what you are really eating unless you look at the label
California is in the midst of passing law “Prop 37” to label food grown in the U.S. to know if their food is being produced as GMO – or genetically modified organism
No safe testing, long term studies, or knowledge of what effects these foods will have over time.
In my opinion over the last 25yrs there has been a significant increase in allergies, mental disease, cancer, youth abnormalities and overall decrease in life expectancy (especially during election years – swine flu & meningitis scare)
The first genetically modified plant was produced in 1983, using an antibiotic-resistant tobacco plant, now over 85% of foods on stores shelves are GMO and we don’t even know which ones
You don’t know what you don’t know, but we all know our Food & Drug Administration has to get better for all of us to live on this Earth, or the sick, weak, poor & uneducated will perish for sure
Check out the Fooducate app that is helping to label GMO food, its FREE!!
- Avoid GMO’s – Save Your Own Seed (showmeoz.wordpress.com)
- An App To Tell You If There Are Genetically Modified Ingredients In Your Food (fastcoexist.com)
- How GMO Foods and California’s Prop 37 Could Affect Your Portfolio’s Health (minyanville.com)
- GMO labeling may be coming (juneauempire.com)