This Picture was on the front page Daily News and when I saw it my blood boiled!! I’m all about family enrichment ideas but how in the world can you promote a doughnut eating program targeting kids?
Kentucky school children are fighting the worst Obesity epidemic this country has ever faced and then the Warren Co School Board and Rockfield Elementary promote doughnut eating.
The thing that upsets me the most is that Warren Co School Board already voted down a proposed Physical Activity Bill because Mike Wilson said “I think we do a pretty good job of tracking food and nutrition anyway. It causes problems for us when Frankfortcomes out with something like this.”
Kids in this country today are expected to die sooner than ever before. High blood pressure, type II diabetes, ADHD, irritable bowl, joint inflammation, and all sorts of adult health problems are being seen in the population of the young. I believe the heart attack of today at 45yrs old will be the heart attack at 25 for kids born after 1995. If you are a doctor, nurse or pharmaceutical sales then that’s good for job security but for me it’s very frustrating because our kids are the future.
Kentucky is one of the worst in production, income, education but leading the nation in Obesity and health problems.
Something has to change and I’m here to help, just ask!!
Just my opinion, What’s yours?
- Is the Solution to the Obesity Epidemic Paying Employees to Lose Weight? (themarlincompany.com)
- Is the ‘obesity lobby’ winning? (grist.org)
I believe that teaching and motivating Bowling Green is the answer to Kentucky’s own health crisis. By taking charge and inspiring individuals to be responsible for a standard of health, My hope is that in 10 years (2020) Kentucky will separate itself from the current Obesity epidemic that it faces.
- cook more healthfully and seek out fresh fruits and vegetables
- reduce sodium intake to 1,500 milligrams per day
- cut back on sugary sodas and beverages
- eat less saturated fat
- eat more seafood and low-fat dairy products
- 2hrs of physical activity week for adults and 1hr a day for our children
My goal is to motivate you to motivate someone else not by what you say, but by what you do. That is my mission, my purpose to teach exercise science so people can learn to burn body fat and get toned with ease .
Can you motivate someone to lose weight and get toned?
All of us can, if you will.
- Kentucky’s ‘Safeguarding Our Seniors’ Initiative is a Positive Step, Bowling Green Attorney Says (prweb.com)
- Kentucky USDA/Rural Housing Areas (kentuckyfirsttimehomebuyer.com)
- Bunning predicts Paul win in Ky. (politico.com)