When’s the last time you ate a fast food burger? Are you waiting for ground beef to go on sale at the grocery? Did your kiddos eat at the school cafeteria , have you checked the menu lately?
“Pink Slime” is whats being served in most school districts. The slime is essentially the glue holding the meat together. Its not really glue but it can’t be much worse!!
Saving THREE CENTS a pound off production costs and making $440 million/year in revenue the FDA has allowed the beef industry use fatty slaughterhouse trimmings treated with ammonia as a filler in ground beef.
Is that why some critics say that “red meat” is bad for you?
In January fast food restaurants stopped serving pink slime, I wonder what Bowling Green schools serve, does anybody know?
Here is a quick newscast from Denver I found about the pink slime zqak7r04
- Schools will get to opt out of “pink slime” beef (goerie.com)
- USDA Will Allow Other, Non-“Pink Slime” Beef Choices For Kids (blisstree.com)
- Cut the Carbs with These 7 Tasty Recipes (lifescript.com)
- Weekend Entertaining: Torta, or taco pie, stretches ingredients (commercialappeal.com)
- Quick and healthy lunchbox meals make a comeback (pbpulse.com)
- Shredded Beef Burritos (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Quick and Easy Burritos (bettyconfidential.com)