GT Get Fit Tip: Sleep Hygiene
Getting a good nights sleep is paramount with health and well-being. The amount of sleep time we have during the dark night can be limited due to life’s stress, so the time you do have to sleep should be of high quality.
Poor sleep hygiene could be the reason you feel the way you feel about yourself, family, work, or life in general. A tired body is a stressed body that will not perform to its highest capability, therefore you could find yourself on the short end of the goals and aspirations you seek.
Good Sleep Hygiene:
- avoid caffeine before bed
- avoid hot & spicy foods before bed
- exercise regularly
- have a cool sleeping environment
- eliminate TV before bed (swap for radio)
- check your medications for non-drowsiness
- arthritis, acid reflux with heartburn, menstruation, headaches and hot flashes interrupt sleep
- start in your favorite sleeping position
- try meditation or relaxation techniques before bed
- reserve the bed for sex and sleep
- Why am I constantly exhausted and sleepy? (zocdoc.com)
- Help: I wake up multiple times a night (theglobeandmail.com)
Posted on April 25, 2011, in GT Get Fit Tip and tagged Conditions and Diseases, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, health, Hot flash, Physical exercise, Rapid eye movement sleep, Restless legs syndrome, Sleep, Sleep disorder, Sleep hygiene, television, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.