GT Get Fit tip: Super Foods for Summer
Below is a list of some “super foods” that can help you help your own body this summer.
I say “super food” but not really, these are everyday foods that get neglected for fast food and frozen pizzas.
If you are planning a trip to the grocery take a minute to pick some items from this list to improve digestion, sleep, blood pressure, brain energy and avoid colds and boost immune system.
- Digestion: Avocados, Pinto & Black beans, Brown rice, Cantaloupe, and Asparagus
- Sleep: Cucumbers, Grapefruit, Celery, Ginger
- Blood Pressure: Grapes, Dark Chocolate, Scallops, Kiwi, Collard Greens
- Cancer Prevention: Blueberries, Kale, Tomatoes, Leeks, Rye Bread, Basil, Mushrooms, Broccoli
- Brain Foods: Tuna, Eggplant, Lima Beans, Raisins, Sage, Sunflower Seeds, Lemons
- Cold/Infection Prevention: Orange Juice, Green Tea, Bell Peppers, Pumpkin Seeds, Garlic, Cranberries, Apricots
- Vision: Strawberries, Carrots, Flaxseed
- Fat Burners: Salmon, Plums, Pear, Cauliflower, Papaya, Sweet potatoes, Turkey
- GT Get Fit Tip: Benefits of Sunshine (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT Get Fit Tip: 5 ways to Spring Clean Your Body and Burn More Fat (dnfitness.wordpress.com)
- GT – Get Fit Tip (dnfitness.wordpress.com)