Caffeine is a “drug”, 5 reasons I use it
Do you drink coffee and/or tea? I do, let me tell you why.
Caffeine is a stimulant, a pick me up if you will and we all have seen its effects at some time. This natural stimulant has been given lots of attention because of the way its utilized in different “energy drinks”, weight loss supplements and medications. I do not recommend caffeine supplementation for everyone, especially those with medical conditions.
If you do exercise bouts lasting longer than 20 mins then you should consider this
1. Caffeine mobilizes fat stores and encourages working muscles to use fat as a fuel.
2. Delays the depletion of muscle glycogen and allows for a prolongation of exercise (burn fat longer).
3. Ingest caffeine about 2 – 3 hours before the workouts. Although blood levels of caffeine peak much sooner, the maximum caffeine effect on fat stores appears to occur 60-90 mins after peak blood levels.
4. Increased focus during workouts
5. I recommend coffee in the morning and supplement “energy drinks” in afternoon
Consider your source of caffeine, use reputable products that you know and trust. Pay attention to your body and watch for heart beat irregularities, caffeine is a “drug” use with caution
Posted on April 14, 2010, in Home and tagged body fat, body temperature. body talk, caffeine, david nuckols, drug, fat, fat burning, fitness, losing weight, lunch, personal trainer, quick workout, sports medicine, tv and obesity, weight loss, workout meal. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.